Dictionary missing in snap version of LibreOffice Writer

Hello,

I relatively recently installed Ubuntu 23.04 on my mum’s laptop and LibreOffice on it through snap (she is on “latest/stable”; version 7.6.2.1):

Version: 7.6.2.1 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 9d0b4c0791fc17bc4181a67fd90c5aaed576d1c0
CPU threads: 2; OS: Linux 6.2; UI render: default; VCL: gtk3
Locale: nl-NL (nl_NL.UTF-8); UI: nl-NL
Calc: threaded

My mum’s laptop doesn’t have Dutch (“Nederlands”) dictionaries:

I believe that the usual way to get dictionaries is via the system (Ubuntu). However, there everything Dutch seems to be installed on the system insofar possible:

[image embed removed due to permissions]
![Schermafdruk van 2023-10-18 17-40-02|690x479]
(upload://6m6dVWopcqucKyHQcJXNJ1Ru6Kz.png)

I couldn’t find a way to install specific dictionaries or languages for LibreOffice.

I am on a way too old Ubuntu + LibreOffice installation (LO 6.0.7.3 deb on an EOL Ubuntu LTS), but I do have Dutch dictionaries (both from NL & BE). So that makes me wonder if this might be because these dictionaries are not available on Ubuntu 23.04 (yet) or that it’s related to the fact that I have LibreOffice through deb and my mum through snap.

Any hints are most welcome :slight_smile:

Many thanks in advance!

Yes, snap is not part of the system, so it needs to bring it’s own.
You are not the first: Missing Dutch interface language in LibreOffice Snap - snap - snapcraft.io

As I avoided Snap, Ivcan only assume you need to put the necessary files in your LibreOffice-profile.

https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=74&t=67

Another option would be to switch to a real install (via apt and .deb-files), but first link above indicates Flatpack wiuld also possible…