Different Types of Line Endings?

When I “Toggle Formatting Marks”, I see two different types of line endings. The paragraph mark is what happens when I press enter, but my friend has copied and pasted from somewhere (I know not whence) and put in these other-looking line endings:


How do I enter them myself? What are they?

(Edit: activated screenshot -AK)


Key ENTER produces a end of a paragraph indicated by a pilcrow ()

Key combination SHIFT+ENTER produces a line break indicated by (this doesn’t end the current paragraph)