Disable header menu

In my document I have a header, and at pretty much every moment there is a little popout menu from it stating "Header (right page).
I went to insert → Header → Use header menu and disabled it, but the little tab remains, and it is blocking text under it, making editing hard.
Any idea how I can remove it?

It should only appear when you click in the area where the header would be, and it should go away when you click in the body of the document.

Sometimes, when there is a lot open, things remain as artifacts because the screen doesn’t refresh properly, if that happens just press Page Down then Page up and the screen will get redrawn with what is supposed to be there.

The popup Header (–some page style name–) appears when the cursor in in the header area, i.e. you are editing your header. This menu can be hidden through the Insert>Header & Footer>Use header/footer menu.

This setting becomes effective after you click somewhere in the main text area.

If it still shows, this means your header contains a lot of text. To make sure I suggest you enable View>Formatting Marks and View>Text Boundaries.

To show the community your question has been answered, click the ✓ next to the correct answer, and “upvote” by clicking on the ^ arrow of any helpful answers. These are the mechanisms for communicating the quality of the Q&A on this site. Thanks!

In case you need clarification, edit your question (not an answer which is reserved for solutions) or comment the relevant answer.