Disabling cursor changing when clicking on text

Hi! In Writer 7.3.5, in Ubuntu/Gnome/Gtk+ 3, the mouse cursur changes from type to select when I click on text. Is it possible to disable that? Thanks

Version: 7.3.5.2 / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 30(Build:2)
CPU threads: 2; OS: Linux 5.15; UI render: default; VCL: x11
Locale: it-IT (en_US.UTF-8); UI: en-US
Ubuntu package version: 1:7.3.5-0ubuntu0.22.04.1
Calc: threaded

Could it be that you have pressed the Insert key.

80827 HB Insert - Key

It is a toggle key.
So just press it again.

1 Like

No, it isn’t. It’s a feature that has appeared when I’ve updated to Ubuntu 22.04. And, if I remove gnome/gtk integration to libreoffice, it desappears. But I remain with a poor user interface.

Could you better describe what you mean by “type” and “select” cursors? Perhaps a screenshot of both so that we can understand the issue.

Yes. With type I mean the cursor in the top image. With select that in the bottom one.

Here 7.3.4.2 under Fedora 36, KDE Plasma desktop. My VCL is kf5 because the widget library is not the same as Gnome (GTK+).
Even when I click, my cursor remains “type”-shaped. It may be an issue with GTK+ widget library. Note that I have not the same LO release as you, so my test may not be definitive.

OK, thanks. It can be a new feature, but I prefer as it was previously and I want to disable it.

Upload a sample file with the problem here so someone can examine it.

Well, it’s very simple and I think I’ve already said it all (see the picture I’ve uploaded). When I click, the mouse pointer changes its icon. It has been doing this since I installed Ubuntu 22.04 a few days ago. I preferred when the cursor didn’t change. I would like to disable it.