Disappearing cursor on a white page

I am using version 24.8.2.1

Version: 24.8.2.1 (X86_64) / LibreOffice Community
Build ID: 0f794b6e29741098670a3b95d60478a65d05ef13
CPU threads: 16; OS: Windows 11 X86_64 (10.0 build 22621); UI render: Skia/Vulkan; VCL: win
Locale: en-US (en_US); UI: en-US
Calc: CL threaded

On new installation of LibreOffice on a new computer, on a white page, when the cursor is moved with the mouse to position a Text Box, the cursor disappears and you cannot see where you are on the page… but if you stop moving the cursor, it turns black after a second or so. If you change the page color to a darker color, you’ll notice that the cursor is white while it is moving. On a dark colored page the cursor stays white, on a light colored page, the white cursor turns black when it stops moving.

Is there any way to make the cursor be not white while moving? Or can it be a character with a shadow so it can be noticed on whatever colored background?

Thank you.

Are you on Windows? Please click Help > About LibreOffice and click the icon immediately after Version Information and then paste the results into your question (click pencil icon to edit question).
VersionInformation

Assuming Windows, what scheme do you have for your mouse in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Mouse tab Pointers. With None I get the image below while moving a Text Box.
CursorWhileMovingTextBox
If the screen is too bright then the black lines might not show; choose a different mouse scheme, e.g. Windows Black (large) (system scheme)

Under Pointer Options tab there are some more settings.

I have tried to illustrate what I am seeing. Changing the cursor attributes in Windows does not seem to affect what’s happening on LibreOffice.

This is a Windows setting, not LibreOffice. Possibly also set through mouse software.

You appear to have Precision Select mouse pointer instead of move in Mouse Properties. Look at this third party page to change, How to get Crosshair Cursor or Pointer for Windows 11/10

Maybe, just setting the cursor to Inverted in Start menu > Settings > Accessibility Mouse pointer and touch (also accessed through … Settings > Bluetooth & devices…).

I went through your recommended article and did a little more investigating.

The computer with the disappearing cursor issue is an ASUS TUF Gaming A16 model. My other computer is an ASUS Flip running the same version of LO and running the exact same cursor scheme on Windows 11 ‘Windows Default (system scheme)’. The ASUS Flip does not have the problem, but the newer ASUS TUF does. On the ASUS TUF, when the Text Box icon is clicked, the cursor turns white so it cannot be seen on a white background, until you stop moving the cursor, regardless of any of the cursor settings in Windows, and regardless of whether a mouse or the touchpad is used.

I would send a one minute video clip of what is happening, but I don’t think I can.

I don’t know what the answer is, or if there is one, but I hope I am not the only person in the world with this problem.

Thanks.

If I change the shape of the Move cursor to a cross (I presume Precision Select cursor) in Mouse Properties, it still has a black line and white centre making it visible against white or black background.

It might be your mouse manufacturer’s own software setting the style of cursor.

See if this helps, click Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View and tick the box Force Skia software rendering. Allow LibreOffice to restart and then check if cursor remains visible while moving objects.

That worked! Thank you very much.

Tools > Options > LibreOffice > View then clicking the box Force Skia forced software rendering was the solution.