Do you think this is a false positive or a real threat?

Sorry about the crop.

Got this scan result from Windows Defender, do you think this might be a false positive, contamination from an external source or rtf-document etc or bad download of libre-office from somewhere?

Libreoffice stopped working and I got the same warning from Windows Defender this morning, under W10, wonder if it is a false positive as well.

I have just had the same issue Libreoffice stopped whilst i was working on a document and Defender said I was infected as above. Then told to restart PC as threat was severe. Did so and now Libreoffice not working. Worried to install LOffice again in case same thing happens. Hasd updated LOffice on the 2nd Oct

I have just had the same problem on Win 7 with microsoft security essentials. I was running LO 5.1.5. My wife’s PC has LO 5.1.2 again on Win 7 and mse reported no problems.

I also received this notification from Microsoft System Center Endpoint Protection. I installed the Still version of LibreOffice from the LibreOffice web site a few days ago. I have been noticing problems getting Microsoft Excel to close yesterday and also once or twice LibreOffice apps.

My PC sent loads of Phish until MSE quarantined LO 5.1.5 - I got 6 “mail delivery failed” messages this morning.

I’ve installed 5.1.4 and MSE doesn’t object.

Same thing happened here about an hour ago. Defender detects this as threat and put that file in to quarantine.
No way to open my Libreoffice files.
Avast is still scanning my disk at the moment, but I think that’s a false positive.

NOT AN ANSWER ! DELETE AND DON’T POST SOMETHING LIKE THIS IN SOMEONE ELSE’S QUESTION !

Same for me, defender removed something and now Libreoffice not working

NOT AN ANSWER ! DELETE AND DON’T POST SOMETHING LIKE THIS IN SOMEONE ELSE’S QUESTION !

Uninstall “Windows Defender” or wait … better uninstall “Windows 10”!

Compared to stackoverflow, this place has a really different definition for answer.

Sorry, but with the lack of information from where you download LibreOffice nobody can give a clear advice…

Most probably its False positive !!

Sry, I tried to edit my post, but cannot. I do not know where the LibreOffice is downloaded from. Most Likely from the official site, because out marketing assistant downloaded it and she wouldn’t know where else to search.

In my case I installed directly from LibO when it recommended in Help to update to latest version. The documents I was working on when it stopped were all my own not downloaded from anywhere.

@Ron05: your problem is M$E/WinDefender. Quit using it.

I would uninstall or at least disable Defender, and install Panda free. Then reinstall LO.

Même punition depuis ce matin.

Après désinstallation et réinstall de libre office, même message de defender.
J’ai passé MByte sans pb.

En espérant qu’il s’agit bien d’un faux positif, et faute de mieux, j’ai mis ‘soffice.bin’ dans les exclusions via les paramètres de defender et ça fonctionne, mais c’est tout de même bizarre et embêtant qu’une simple mise à jour de defender plante libre office.

En espérant que ça aide.

EDIT 16:00

Après nouvelle maj de Defender, l’alerte a disparu.

[EDIT]

After updating Defender, the alert has disappeared.

I tried to reproduce the issue by downloading latest updates for windows defender, but do not see the problem. Using LibreOffice 5.2.2.2 64 bit on windows 8.1.

Latest Windows defender update installed was 1.231.44.0. Created on 20 Oct 2016 at 06:15.

Previous version I had was 1.229.1970.0. Suspect I skipped the bad version.

Suspect this was a false positive from windows defender that has been corrected in latest updates. Maybe others could confirm the version of windows defender updates causing the problem.

For those affected, I think update windows defender and then re-install your LibreOffice to repair any component that might have been removed.

From the event log, the ‘bad’ version appears to be (or at least include):

Signature Version: AV: 1.231.27.0, AS: 1.231.27.0, NIS: 116.33.0.0
Engine Version: AM: 1.1.13202.0, NIS: 2.1.12706.0

Having now updated the definitions to 1.231.75.0 it is no longer marked as infected.