Documents are not found by LO

I just downloaded the latest LibreOffice. I stupidly clicked don’t allow Libre to open my docs. Now it says my docs that I saved in LO are not able to be found. How do I change the permissions back to open all the docs?

my docs that I saved in LO …

You don’t save files in LibreOffice. You save files on your storage device (local hard disk, USB device, local network service / NAS server or on an online service). Open your operating system’s File Manager - or use menu File -> Open.

And please: Provide the name of your operating system (I’m not aware of any installation asking for permission to open docs).

Thanks for your quick answer, Opaque. That’s helpful. However, I think that I asked the wrong question. I just tried to open one of my saved files and got this response. "Access to /Users/judithcohen/Desktop/CTI-Master -Don’t Move Me/ Oral Exam Reports/Doe John Granite Exam Coh.odt was denied. How do I undo my choice of “Don’t allow Libre to open files on the desktop or in the other files.”? I’m on Big Sur 11.2.1 and LO 7.1.0.3. The choice was asked when I first downloaded the file. Also get the message General input/output error while accessing/ Usersjudithcohen/Documents.

You probably need to give LibreOffice full disk access from System Preferences > Security & Privacy.

Thanks, Earnest Al! That was the fix I needed. All is working again.

And if @EarnestAl can convert his comment to an answer (which is what the comment really is) and then @judico clicks the “solved” (tick circle) icon on that answer, we can close as answered/solved/accepted with credits where credits are due.

Cleanup gives such a nice warm feeling. Good karma :slight_smile:

I think that I asked the wrong question

… then the title should be changed to something like “‘Access denied’ error on opening documents” or some such (only correct titles assure that others affected by the same problem benefit from the answer given herein).

You probably need to give LibreOffice full disk access from System Preferences > Security & Privacy. Cheers, Al