Does anyone know how to tackle this annoying issue of LO?

Here is an issue with LibreOffice (both older and newer versions). The font colour isn’t appearing in the main document. But appearing from the LibreOffice Start Center and in the other formatted documents such as PDF etc.

Now I am using MacOS BigSur version 11.2.3. I faced this issue when I was using MacOS Catalina. I am still facing this problem but didn’t get any solutions. I got this problem on Windows 8 too but not now.

Does anyone know how to tackle this annoying issue?

The font colour isn’t appearing in the main document.

Do you see only black, blue and green - or in other words: Have you set option View -> [x] Value Highlighting ?

Only black

If you have only text then “Only black” is what you see (“blue” are numbers and “green” formulas if View -> [x] Value Highlighting is set).

Appearing only black. I changed text colour in other colours (Blue, Green, Red, Yellow etc.) too. But doesn’t appearing other colours in the main document.

Why don’t you tell me whether you have set option View -> [x] Value Highlighting ? (You are asking a question, but obviously don’t want to support getting a solution to your problem. Instead you repeat the ever same thing)

I am sorry! Everything is default. I didn’t change anything. Actually I didn’t get that option which you mentioned above.

… Everything is default. I didn’t change anything. Actually I didn’t get that option …

Even if you are sure you didn’t change anything, that option Opaque mentions IS available in Calc. It is not there in Writer.

If you experience the problem only in Calc, find that Value Highlighting item on the View menu and see whether its icon is highlighted (background color is different from the main menu background). If so, click the menu item to disable value highlighting.

The issue may also be caused by accessibility options. The accessibility settings are “global” to the suite (available in all apps). To find them, select menu item Tools - Options, expand branch +-LibreOffice and select Accessibility.

There are two options in the accessibility pane which are likely to make all characters come out in black in the editing window. In the Options for high contrast mode section (lower half of the pane), untick Automatically detect high contrast mode... and Use automatic font color ....

Thank you very much for your guidance. I carefully followed your instructions but nothing changes. Both Writer and Calc had the same problem.

Yes! Now it’s working for me after Reset to Factory Setting. Thank you so much!

In that case, you should probably select your own answer as the correct one instead of mine. It may take a while before you are allowed to select your own answer. Not sure exactly how this works, but someone with karma stronger than mine may be able to do it for you sooner.

Thank God! Finally I got a following solution for tackle this issue.

Help > Restart in Safe Mode… >

Click on Restart

Safe Mode

Clicked on radio button of Reset to factory settings

Checked on both:

1. Reset setting and user interface modifications
  2. Reset entire user profile

Clicked on Apply Changes and Restart Button

Problem solved! :slight_smile: