Does base support text filters?

I have an MS Access database (flat file) for craft projects. it simply has a variable length text field (memo) to hold some keywords I use to filter the records, a link to a PDF or Word file and a link to an image of the project. I use mainly one form so that I can actually see the image and page through the selected records.
I am thinking of giving up on windows and going to Linux, using LibreOffice. I have seen I can link to files and images, and also build forms.
My question is on the searching/filtering :
access lets my match a word anywhere in this memo field by using the “Text filter” “contains” way of filtering. I can do so for several levels (refining down my search results). For instance I look for all records containing the word “child” in the memo field, then use the word “knitting” within those search results, then the word “sweater” to narrow it down even more.

it makes for a smaller database by being able to put keywords into one memo field instead of having 25 extra columns with possible descriptors and drop down lists.

Does LibreOffice Base support these “text filters” ?
Thanks, Susanne

Hi @Susanne1

Yes, LibreOffice suports “text filters”. Filter can be used “by example” in a form (you type the criteria directly in the form) or filter via the toolbar. I have grouped the two dialogs in the screenshot below.

However, by default, LibreOffice does not allow successive filtering. As you can see from the screenshot, use the AND and OR operators

Regards

Awesome, thank you.