Does calc have a side by side function

Excel has this under view - side by side but I do not see it in Libreoffice calc. How can you do this so both files appear side by side?

This is not really a LO question. LO, and Calc in particular, is a multi-window application. Open two documents and resize their windows so that you can display them side by side on your screen.

If you need wide windows covering more than half your screen each, then make the windows larger without covering entirely the screen and make then overlap. One click on the window of interest will bring it to the front. Click on the other one to bring it back to the front.

To show the community your question has been answered, click the ✓ next to the correct answer, and “upvote” by clicking on the ^ arrow of any helpful answers. These are the mechanisms for communicating the quality of the Q&A on this site. Thanks!

In case you need clarification, edit your question (not an answer which is reserved for solutions) or comment the relevant answer.

In Calc using the menu, click Window > New Window and another window will open of the same spreadsheet. You can arrange them as you like and work on either one.

If you are using Windows, drag one window to the left of the screen until it expands to fill exactly half the screen, just click on the other window (now icon) to fill the other half. Cheers, Al

Also work in Writer, Impress, Draw, and Math (don’t tested other modules). But the question state “both files”.

drag one window to the left…

That is interesting! I have never done it before. I was using Windows+Left Arrow with one window, then Windows+Right Arrow with the other.

Also, as the questioner didn’t specify what s/he wants to achieve, there’s View → Split Window, which splits at the current position of the cell cursor. A vertical split allows to scroll independently in horizontal direction, a horizontal split independently in vertical direction.