Drag & Drop Hyperlink from Navigator inserts a section not a hyperlink

Hello
I am trying trying to insert a hyperlink via drag & drop.
in accordance wit the instruction in the writer guide and on the web:

THE Action

drag and drop an item in the navigator on to the document to create a hyperlink to the item.

THE Problem

the process creates a new section NOT a hyperlink.

I have a video, and the test .odt file, attached so you can see the problem in action and work with the document that is misbehaving.

Note the problem can be duplicated and does not work with any document. I am using the LibreWriter default template.

Would really appreciate some help or clarity

thanks
Ian

click to download zip file

The ZIP file is 28MB

I can only reproduce if I hold Shift key on my keyboard while dropping. I’m using Version: 6.2.2.1 (x64)
Build ID: fcd633fb1bf21b0a99c9acb3ad6e526437947b01
CPU threads: 12; OS: Windows 10.0; UI render: GL; VCL: win;
Locale: ru-RU (ru_RU); UI-Language: en-US
Calc: CL

If that is not related to pressed keys, then it could be a version-specific problem; or a platform-specific problem…

Also, check the “Drag mode” in use by opening the drop-down menu to the right of the page number in the Navigator: maybe it’s on “insert as link” or “insert as copy” instead of “insert as hyperlink.”

@RGB-es: OP had explicitly shown that in the attached video :slight_smile:

@mikekaganski Ouch! Saturday morning: my brain has still not recovered from this week :wink:

Hi folks
am i to understand that it is specific to the current version of LO and will be fixed at the next update?

Or that it may be related to Mac computers only at this time and again may receive a fix in due time?

Is there something I need to do to alert the gurus at LO of this issue and lodge a ticket of some sort or do they monitor this forum and automatically do this anyway?

thanks for taking a look too?

regards
Ian