Draw Page Scale

In Draw you can set the scale of the page. I’ve just recently created a drawing of a new garage and had to set the scale to 1:20. However, the scale is set in the Options. As the Options tend to normally be settings that are global and normal for new documents, would it not be more convenient to have this setting elsewhere. I would have suggested the Page Properties, but even this seems to have a global effect on all pages in the current document. One of my drawings required a close up of a section, which would have required a different scale on one of the pages. It would have been convenient to have been able to adjust the scale differently for this one page. Either I’m missing a setting, or this is something that, I think, ought to be implemented.

Matt

We should try not to confuse the language terms.
In Draw there is the scale factor, this is displayed in the status bar and normally has the setting 1:1 !
This should not be confused with the setting of scale, also in the status bar on the far right.

I can’t find a solution for your requirement.

Workaround:

Use multiple documents for different purposes.

Leave the scale factor at 1:1. You have the option to set the dimensions of your page to 600 x 600 cm. I don’t suppose your garage will get bigger (?).

In your other documents also set the page size to a dimension that fits your drawing.

I hope that can help.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleaseNotes/7.2#User_Interface

Thanks. To be honest, I only have v6.4 (Due to past issues in other applications, I’m always a little wary about updating to the latest version until it has fully established itself as, pretty much, error free and significantly backward compatible. Problems in the past has made me very wary.) Does this setting also allow individual page scale setting?

Matt

The answer might be to have the stable version (currently 7.1.5.2) installed as normal and have version 7.2 as a portable app or installed through Separate Install GUI so that you can use 7.2 for Draw and the stable version for all other work.
Note that you will still have to change the scale in Options to go beyond 1:100 or 100:1