Edit Address Blocks

Hi,
I am using the mail merge wizard for the first time and cannot find a way to add an additional address line.
I need address lines 1, 2 and 3 before town.
If I add address line 2 twice I cannot edit the 2 to a 3 so I get two lines of the same address.
Could someone please advise how to proceed.
Many thanks
frostyboy

Can that help?

Mail Merge in Writer

English documentation

Assuming that you write your 4 columns (Lines 1-3 before town) into a spreadsheet:
Open the spreadsheet, append your new address(es) or edit/delete existing ones.
Save the spreadsheet.
Close the entire office suite. The spreadsheet source will not update unless you restart the office.
Open the mail merge letter and start the mail merge.

Villeroy,
I have all the columns I need in my spreadsheet. I don’t have the option to add them in the mail merge wizard.
The most comprehensive address block has only address line 1 and address line 2 with no way to add extra elements not listed.

For example, how do I add this address to mail merge?
Mr John Smith
Willow Cottages
High Street
Hallcroft
Worksop
S80 4EG
I guess I could ignore what the elements are called and add the address line 3 as Country and change the order! That seems a longwinded and confusing way to do it though.
I’m sure there is a correct way to achieve it.

I have managed to print my mail merge envelopes but not in the right way.
I used the ‘Country’ element, moved it up to follow address line 2 and matched it to column E in my spreadsheet.
This worked fine but there must be a way to create my own elements!

In your spreadsheet, you have to enter one header row with column labels name, street, city etc. and then one row per address with names below names, streets below streets, cities below cities etc. This is called a “normalized table” in database terms.
Then you can easily open your letter, then the data source window (Ctrl+Shift+F4), browse to your database and table in the left pane and drag grey column labels from the right pane into your text document which adds the right place holders to your text.
When printing, each place holder is replaced with the corresponding field of the same spreadsheet row. At the end of the document, the next row of spreadsheet values is pulled into the place holders to print the next document.
Example: Writer DDE-Link to a ODS cell in column B filtered by name/key/id in column A possible? - #6 by ChrisPo

• Download the linked merge_biblio.odt
  • Print it
  • Confirm that you are going to print a serial letter
  • Print to some file instead of a printer
  • Open the generated file.
    The original file with place holders has one page. The merged file has as many pages as your bibliographic database has rows. Each page contains the data of one particular row.

Not that I can see.
The most comprehensive address block has only address line 1 and address line 2 and I can see no way to edit the elements to add address line 3.
How can I add a screenshot on here to demonstrate my situation?