Edit Apply Styles dropdown menu in Writer formatting toolbar

Can I add/remove styles listed as a dropdown when I click the apply styles window. This is window to left of font selection window in the formatting toolbar in Writer? I have been able to add styles from the Styles and Formatting window but there appears to be no way to remove them once added. Thanks Roger

To the best of my knowledge, the Drop Down menu of the toolbar in Writer is a little bit a shorter version to the style list you get when you select “Automatic” at the bottom of the Styles & Formatting window. This means when you use style, which is not in this Drop Down menu of the toolbar, this style is automatically added. Removing them is not possible as they are used for this particular document.

Experience based hint: Create one or more templates containing the styles you want to have in each template. This might take a bit time at the beginning but then it is very easy and fast to work with.

The question was first posted in this thread on libreofficeforum.org by “valtteri” who named a plausible reason for looking for the feature.

@ Lupp - Very interesting link. I also would prefer very much that the content of the Drop Down menu can be customized. Simply because most of the users do not use the multitude (=very good) of styles which are available to cover all for users and for any possibility to come. I myself might need tomorrow a complete new style set for a new type of document.