Einkopierten Text in Formatvorlagenkatalog aufnehmen

Habe einen Text aus dem Internet kopiert und in ein Dokument eingefügt. Die Überschriften gefallen mir sehr und ich würde sie gene in den Formatvorlagenkatalog aufnehmen, um mir eine neue Dokumentvorlage daraus zu machen. Mir schwebt vor, Überschrift 1 zu markieren und damit die bestehende Überschrift 1 zu ersetzen.

Wie geht so etwas am schnellsten?

I copied a text from the Internet and pasted it into a document. I like the headings very much and I would like to add them to the styles catalog to make a new template out of them. I am thinking of highlighting heading 1 and replacing the existing heading 1 with it.

What’s the fastest way to do this?

What do you like about the Heading style? The font? The colour? It is easier to change those in Headings style so all levels of heading have them applied at once.
In the Sidebar under Styles, right-click on Headings and select Modify. Change the font, colour, effects to suit.

All the Headings styles will pick up the modifaction but keep those attributes you didn’t change, e.g. relative font size

1 Like

Hey EarnestAl,

thanks a lot for your kind reply. In this specific case, it is the font and the color I like, so your description is perfect. It just leads me to another question, what if I want to to safe a more complex formatting? Is there maybe a way to copy styles from one document to another?

There are two ways to do that:

• manually for each document

The rightmost icon in the style pane toolbar is usually a “+” with a down-pointing triangle for a drop-down menu (if the style side pane is not visible yet, F11 – except under MacOS – or Styles>Manage Styles).

Select Load Styles from the drop-down menu. Check the style categories you want to import (check all + Overwrite to replace same-name styles) and choose the document to copy from with From File.

• automatically when you create a new document

Save the style definitions (and default initial text contents) in a template (read the Writer Guide about templates and how to make them known by Writer).

You can then either choose the template at creation time with File>New>Templates or make your preferred template your default template so that File>New>Text Document is automatically initialised according to your preferred template.

If you’re under Windows, don’t create new documents from the file browser because the default system template will always be referenced. Create your new templated documents from inside Writer with File>New>…

1 Like