Email Hyperlinks Not Working

Using LibreOffice Vanilla 7.2.5. I can’t get hyperlinks to direct to an email app whether I use control K or insert hyperlink (either from the menu bar or tool bar). The hyperlinks are correctly formatted and applied, but don’t launch an email window for the recipient. Autocorrect “recognize URL” is checked in tools. ???

Works instantly for me, the link opens in Thunderbird. Do you have a real email client (app) on your computer? And by that I don’t mean a browser tab with the webmail page of your mail provider.

By default you need to Ctrl+click to open hyperlinks.

You can change the setting to just click, if memory serves me correctly, in Tools - Options - LibreOffice - Advanced - Security settings

[Edit 2022-07-03] Sorry for incorrect path. At computer now, for Mac LibreOffice > Preferences > LibreOffice > Security > Security Options and Warnings

I’m running Mac Monterey 12.4 using G-mail for sending and receiving. The problem is that some of the links in my LibreOffice docs don’t open when tapped on mobile devices. One of the links that does open for recipients has “_blank” indicated for “frame” under “more settings” in “Hyperlink”. I tried that on others that weren’t loading (changed from empty to “_blank” but it didn’t help.

I don’t find the Tools-Options-LibreOffice-Advanced-Security settings path in LibreOffice Vanilla 7.2.5.2 I also looked under LibreOffice Preferences but couldn’t find anything that related to this issue.

Is there a Gmail app on the Mac?
I suppose that you should use the Mail app on your OS and add an account in it for your Gmail account. Configuration will probably be automatic, all you will have to enter is the mail address and password. After that, when you hit that hyperlink, LibreOffice will give control to your Mail app.

Thanks for the idea.