Embed line numbering in Writer

Hello,

I had to to transcriptions of a few interviews. I inserted line numbering for each interview because I had to refer to these precise lines in an other document.

Now I want to copy the transcriptions into another document (5 documents in total, each of these 5 transcription starts with the line 1)

I don’t manage to copy them with the lines embedded. In the new document I can use line numbering again, it works for the first transcription, but I can’t manage that writer re-starts at one for the second, third…document I paste.
The line number continue throughout the 5 pasted documents.

I use Writer 4.8.2.8.2.

I hope, somebody understood what I mean :slight_smile: (sorry, englisch is not my motherthongue)

Help would be highly appreciated as this is a paper for the uniersity that I hae to turn in monday!

Thanks!!!

Hi

Line numbering is an element of paragraph styles. You can create and apply a style “Num” including line numbering on your interviews.

In “target” document, change the default style for off numbering.
Create a paragraph style “Num” (keeping the same name) and possibly you can also check Restart at this paragraph.

If each interview includes several paragraphs, do not check Restart for style but right click on the first paragraph of the interview then Paragraph> Outline Numbering tab check Restart and give start with