Embed SpreadSheet in Presentation as Icon

Hi,
I was trying to embed a spreadsheet (xls format) on a an Impress presentation (ppt format) but could not find a way in LibreOffice Impress to embed it and it to appear as a shortcut (or icon) as shown in the attached screenshot. Presentation in the screenshot was opened in LibreOffice but had to use MS Powerpoint to add embbeded excel as icon.

Is there a way to do that in LibreOffice Impress ?

Regards.

qubit taps you with a bat of +10 karma

There, @aderocha, you should be able to upload files now :slight_smile:

Hi,
still unable to upload images. Error refers that i have to have karma > 3.
What is a karma ?, how does this work. Don’t you think this is quite restrictive to just upload a simple image ?

@aderocha, karma is just points what you can gain when you are useful here.

The limit on uploading files is to fight spam.

@qubit1: There is something wrong with the system, aderocha really doesn’t get any karma when his question or comment is voted up.

@mahfiaz, Thanks for the ping.

Ah – there’s the issue: @aderocha asked a wiki-style question, so no karma points are awarded. There we go – you now have 11 points of karma :slight_smile:

I was able to upload the image. Thanks
Now, hope someone knows how to do that in LibreOffice Impress.
thanks again

@aderocha – you can use the "image" icon to upload (and show) an image. (Done.)

@manj_k - Could you please explain the steps needed to upload the image icon?

@ROSt53 – I’ve explained my update of this question with regard to the attached screenshot (before: only a link) – or: “How to upload an image on AskLibO”. (See also → this overview). :wink:

@manj_k Thanks for pointing to the link. With this procedure I can create a hyperlink but cannot get e.g. a Calc logo. It seems I don’t understand what the " the “image” icon" is.

@ROSt53(Last-ditch attempt) Please compare “No.4 Revision” with “show image :)” in the Revision history. –

It is not an answer to “Embed SpreadSheet in Presentation as Icon”.

People, the image is just to show what I’m not able to do in LibreOffice Impress. Image shows a slide with a embedded spreadsheet.
I had to do that in MS Office. How can that be done in LibreOffice ?

@manj_k - thanks for you last ditch attempt. I will study this later.

@aderocha writes:

Hi, I was trying to embed a spreadsheet (xls format) on a an Impress presentation (ppt format) but could not find a way in LibreOffice Impress to embed it and it to appear as a shortcut (or icon) as shown in the attached screenshot.

Let’s tackle these pieces one at a time.

Can one embed an XLS spreadsheet into an Impress presentation?

Based on ubuntu help it appears that you can insert an existing spreadsheet as an OLE object. I believe that would include an XLS file, but someone would need to test that to be sure.

the image is just to show what I’m not able to do in LibreOffice Impress. Image shows a slide with a embedded spreadsheet. I had to do that in MS Office. How can that be done in LibreOffice ?

Presentation in the screenshot was opened in LibreOffice but had to use MS Powerpoint to add embbeded excel as icon.

Per your illustration, do you want the XLS file to be displayed in the Impress ODP file, or just present as an icon that can be clicked and opened up in a separate Calc window?

Hi,
yes, insert a spreadsheet as an OLE object is possible and quite simple. What LibbreOffice allows to be done at the moment is to embed the spreadsheet into impress slide but it is not able to show that spreadsheet as an icon that you can click on it and it to be opened on separated Calc window.

@aderocha, Ah, okay. Thanks for the update. It sounds like you’ll want to file an enhancement bug and ask for the ability link the embedded document to an icon (etc…, etc… :slight_smile:

Please post a link to any bugs you file in a comment on this Question using the format “fdo#123456”.

Thanks!