Endnote word conversation

I am using LibreOffice 5.4. It keeps inserting errors with the endnotes when converting to Word. Extra indents are inserted per endnote every time the document is saved, and the page width is altered. This happens every time and when corrected and saved, the errors are immediately inserted again. Some publishers do not use LibreOffice and so I am forced to convert to Word. I am surprised that this happens within LibreOffice itself when opening a document or saving on in Word format. This is a nightmare.

Supposedly this is bug 106062 , and has been fixed for upcoming 6.1.

What about now?

Now it’s 19th of April, 2018.

@mwpg - It seems that the fix is already available in the daily builds, if you’re absolutely desperate for this. Otherwise, I suppose Mike’s tongue-in-cheek reply was meant to suggest it would be wise to wait patiently for the upgrade to get rolled out.

Thanks David. For those of us not tech savvy, the daily builds site is not user friendly. Also, the solution focuses on the indents when the page size is also a problem for me. LibreOffice keeps changing the page size and will not stop. I like LibreOffice, but this is a major failure.

@mwpg - I take it the main issue for you is moving (back & forth?) between MS Word and LibO Writer? I tend to be able to stick exclusively with Writer. When I need to use Word files, I get better footnote behaviour with DOC filetype than DOCX. I don’t know if this would also be true for endnotes, but would be worth trying (IF this meets your situation, that is.) Hope that helps. (I’ve never had a problem with changing page sizes in years of using LibO!)

Well - related to page width, please file a bug report, so that we could reproduce and fix it. I actually missed that part in your initial description.