Endnotes return to end of document after saving and re-opening

Hi guys,

I have this weird problem.

I have created a section within my document, and set that section to “collect endnotes at end of section”. This is because I want to have pages (works cited list) to appear after that section.

I then save it in docx format.

After I re-open, the endnotes now seem to appear at the end of document, instead of the end of the section.

It seems like 3 things have happened:

• I use navigator (F5) to check the section I created, and it has defaulted to a standard setting: it is now named generically “TextSection”, even though I gave it a custom name. The option to collect endnotes at end of section is also no longer selected.

• The section also does not end where it ended when I saved it, it now includes the rest of the document which originally came after the document (and was separate from the section). The section has now “enlarged” itself to include all the rest of the document.

• Looking at my custom page styles, it seems they have been “reset” as well, in some way. While they appear to work correctly, their names have defaulted to the generic “Converted1”, “Converted2”, “Converted3”, “Converted4”, etc. And what is interesting that it has many more “converted” page-styles than were originally used in the document. I originally used a “first page” page-style, a “forepapers” page-style, and the default style. But now it shows 6 different “Convertedx” styles.

I use these page-styles to have different numbering styles (i, ii, iii; 1, 2, 3) in the document.

This leads me to believe there is some kind of issue when saving styles and sections in docx-format, and then re-opening it. Perhaps some kind of conversion-error? Does anyone else have this problem, or have a solution?

Greetings
Framing_Device

Hi,

After investigating some further, I can say that the problem occurs also when saving in .doc.

When I save it in .odt it does not happen.