Enter text fields in the form automatically - without a spreadsheet: How?

Hy

I have 5 different text documents that are printed out for booking our guests.
For a booking, I am currently entering personal and booking-specific data on each document. Since the data is partly repeated, I wondered if I could not combine all the documents into one and automatically copy the information into the appropriate text fields? In other words: I enter the data on the main page and they are automatically copied to the corresponding pages of the booking

I want to write the required information only once and then copy it to the appropriate text boxes on the other side.

I don’t want a spreadsheet solution, I’m wondering if it’s also possible to define text fields and use variables.

Is the?
What’s that called?

best regards

If you have to enter the same data in several documents, this is called creating redundant data. This is something that nobody wants to have.
Your idea about the use of a text program goes far beyond the usual measure and is IMHO not recommended.

Even if you personally won’t like it, I recommend a database for your desired application, e.g. Base with HSQLDB.

Database General

1 Like

A text document with database fields will do this. First you need some kind of database to store the information.

User variables: Ctrl+F2