entering data into multiple tables using form

I’ve looked for the answer, hope I didn’t miss something.

I have a few tables, all with a field in common that I use to link them in forms and queries.

I’d like to be able to set up a form to enter the same critical data (like the unique id) into multiple tables, so I can easily edit other data later using forms and queries.

I can accomplish the end goal of course by entering the key manually into each table, but this is a horrible solution.

Hello,

It appears you are in need of sub forms. This will automatically (upon correct construction) insert the ID from the table in the main form into a field in the table on the sub form. There are many examples of using sub forms on the Ask site.

There is also the LO documentation → Base. See Chapter 4 - Forms.

In the future, please include the specific LO version you are using, your OS and for Base the database used (Base is a front end to databases). It may be HSQLDB embedded, Firebird embedded (both available with Base) or server types such as PostgreSQL, MySQL and more.

If this answers your question please tick the :heavy_check_mark: (upper left area of answer). It helps others to know there was an accepted answer.