erAck, where can I find the tools you used.

@erAck Thank you for the response to my previous question, file format error - #2 by erAck.

Where can I find information about the odt file format, the various sections within the file, and the tools you used to provide your answer. Thank you.

ODF documents, unless they are flat XML document (.fodt, .fods, …) are zip containers with several .xml streams (content.xml, styles.xml, images, …). Any capable (un)zip implementation should be able to detect the CRC errors I mentioned there. To inspect streams just unzip the document that already gives the errors I mentioned, zip integrity can also be checked by the InfoZip implementation’s unzip -t filename.ods (for example) command.

To inspect an XML stream I usually use our dev-tools prettyprint command, which nicely reformats the two-long-lines content to indented elements, and in this case also indicates the error positions because of unmatched closures where data is corrupted.

The ODF file streams are defined along with the ODF specification specifically Part 3: Packages.