Error message opening writer doc with link to spreadsheet

I am uploading

a print screen of a message I am receiving when I try to open a document with a link (not sure how to word this) to an OLE Object that is a calc spreadsheet. I open the document with making a copy and I’m not sure what or why this is happening.

I am using Windows 10, LO v. 7.3.6.2, 64-bit, Lenovo AIO.

Any help fixing (and understanding) this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Linda

EDIT @Hrbrgr make message readable

82652 locked-message

@LindaPro ,

Is it possible that you had already opened the Calc file separately before?

Not that I know of. Just opened LO and then tried to open the document. It had previously been opened and edited, saved and closed. I rebooted the computer and tried it again with the same result.

I assume that the file with the extension TMP specified in your message is not yours (?).
You can try to empty the TEMP folder at the operating system level.
First you start your PC.
Do not start any usual programs.
With Ctrl+Alt+Del you call the task manager.
In the processes at the top of Apps, close all apps, except the Taskmanager itself and the Windows Explorer (No background processes!).
Then go to the TEMP directory in Windows Explorer.
C:\Windows\Temp
Select the folder TEMP, then select all files in the folder and right-click on Delete.
Possibly some (isolated) files can not be deleted, skip them or quit delete.
Now call your files and test them.

I shut down the system and rebooted. The task manager had 99 Background Processes. I couldn’t find a way to close all of them so left them alone. I went into the task manager and deleted all but 2 files in the temp directory. When I went into LO, I got the same result. If you know of some way to close all apps without having to individually delete, I’d appreciate it if you let me know.

Thanks for your help.

I investigated further and found a te

mp directory. I am attaching a screenshot. I deleted the entire directory and reopened LO. I am still getting the error, but I am able to use a copy and work around the error. If this is a bug, I don’t know how to report it.

If this is a bug…

Possibly, but I don’t think from LibreOffice.
Could it be that you are running an antivirus program that is paying a little too much attention or some other tool that is interfering?
If you can find out which app creates the file “lu…tmp” and folder, then you also have the originator.

It seems to be more a problem of a tool or your operating system.