Error opening and error saving

I am in trouble to use Libre office spreadshit on computer running W10. Documents were associated with XLSX but that default Libre office somehow I lost. When I manual open old one Libre Calc file main message on screen is this one.

image description

If I trying to save this document in original, or change it, than message on screen is like that. See picture below. Same message comes up on screen in case of exporting to PDF file.

image description

Somehow am I lost what to do but on the other way I guess it is an easier way to fix it than give up. I am using Calc for very easy form. Can somebody help me out of that?

I even was thinking that Windows with some update made people impossible to associate files since they want users subscribe on their Office. In my case I don’t want their office, since they already illegally stole my with serial number.

Thank you

Andres

[New possible answer 2021-02-13 09:37 UTC]

Hi Andre

That more than one program is affected by this means the issue lies in Windows. I am guessing here, but maybe your Windows User Account has been corrupted, possibly from an update. It is probably worth asking on the Microsoft user forum but you could try creating a new user, Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10, and seeing if that works properly.

BTW, It is probably why you can no longer use MS Office. If your original user account can be fixed then probably you will get back MS Office

[Old answer below from Feb 12 05:26:59 not relevant to this particular situation from subsequent input from OP]

Hi Andres. You have two issues; the first is that something is blocking LibreOffice from writing to your folders, the second is file associations. The something is probably Windows Defender but it could be another antivirus program.

LibreOffice blocked from writing to folder

Allow LibreOffice access to Defender Controlled folder

The below numbered list is from Use the Windows Defender Security app to allow specific apps

1. Open the Windows Security by
    selecting the shield icon in the
    task bar or searching the start menu
    for Defender.
  2. Select the Virus & threat
    protection
    tile (or the shield
    icon on the left menu bar) and then
    select Ransomware protection.
  3. Under the Controlled folder
    access
    section, select Allow an
    app through Controlled folder
    access
  4. Select Add an allowed app and
    follow the prompts to add apps. You
    need to allow access to
    soffice.bin

Turn Off Defender (Maybe for dual boot)

Select Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
Under Virus & threat protection settings, select Manage settings.
Under Controlled folder access, select Manage Controlled folder access.
Switch the Controlled folder access setting from On to Off.

3rd Party Anti-virus

If you do have a third party anti-virus go into settings and then look for something like anti-ransomware or folder protection. Have a look at the blocked apps list, if you see soffice.bin in there change it to Allowed (you might have to read AV help if not obvious). Otherwise go to the Allowed Apps setting and allow soffice.bin, this might not be easy so you might have to add the different LibreOffice executables (Calc, Writer, etc.) to the Allowed list. Note that 3rd party anti-virus might make files Read Only so you can create a new file but you can’t save it subsequently. Sometimes, you might need to reboot after allowing a program access.

File Associations

Click Start Menu > Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Set defaults by app > LibreOffice 7.0 (or 6.4) > Manage.

Click on each file type from .odb to .oxt and select LibreOffice as the default to open.

Add Microsoft Office Files by clicking on .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx and any others you want associated

Close window when complete. Cheers, Al

Thank you very much to help for my case. I worked on it previous hour. Have done step by step as described in your post.
After final step and associations to Libre office I restarted computer. The Firts step was to open already made .xlsm file. Nothing happened except Libre office send crash report and open in safe mode. I am good with that to, but saving still isn’t possible and pop up is with a same message as picture in my first post above.

I really think Microsoft is doing it on purpose since in my case it isn´t only Libre office working on that way. For example Mozilla isn’t working as before, I uninstalled Chrome, but new installation fail again and again. Question is why Edge, product of Microsoft working as it need to. I think something similar has come with Netscape after Microsoft release IE maybe around 1998. Previously I had Bitdefender. I uninstalled it too and rest I followed at all your instructions.

Thank you

Andres

Hi Andre

That more than one program is affected by this means the issue lies in Windows. I am guessing here, but maybe your Windows User Account has been corrupted, possibly from an update. It is probably worth asking on the Microsoft user forum but you could try creating a new user, Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10, and seeing if that works properly.

BTW, It is probably why you can no longer use MS Office. If your original user account can be fixed then probably you will get back MS Office. Fix a corrupted user profile in Windows

Thank you for this link Earnest. I also am sure that Windows update has done something in my computer. I am not playing games, only simple users, using browsers and Libre Office. After all with MS Office I even think would like better to use only Libre office. Why would I use something I am disappointed to?
I think MS is making this on purpose just to get people on subscriptions thousands of users around globe. Than is better to pay as donation amount MS Office cost to account of Libre office. Isn´t it?