Error opening .odp files (Libre Office) in Zorin OS

I have recently migrated to Zorin OS from Win10, I am a very basic user but migrated to Linux and specifically to Zorin because my old laptop had severe lag issues with Windows 10.

After installing Zorin, the laptop seems to have gotten a new life and Zorin is appealing too.

The question: I created a Libre Office Impress presentation yesterday and today morning when I tried to open it, it threw an error that reads:

Could not open LibreOffice Impress.odp
Archive type not supported

The same error occurred when I tried to create a new spreadsheet (Libre Office Calc file).

Can anyone having proficiency help me out to resolve the issue?

How are you trying to open the ODF (LibreOffice file formats) - by just clicking on the filename? If - yes, try to start LibreOffice and use File -> Open and use the file picker dialog to find and open your files. If that works; you most probably have an incorrect / missing association of the ODF file extensions (.odt, .ods, .odp, etc…) to LibreOffice application. Since you did not mention the desktop manager in use, no advice can be given on how to add an association of the extensions to LibreOffice Modules.