error saving file

why always error saving files?
C:\fakepath\Untitled.jpg

all editing gone away just like that? WTF !
C:\fakepath\Untitled2.jpg_temp_833.jpg

add-info:
can opened & edit. but when click save, failed! happened after update the new libreoffice.
new software version shouldn’t have this error, what is the use of updating to faulty version ??

(edit: activated screenshots)

There is no information in this question, therefore you are using Windows 10 and have recently had a windows update after which you could no longer save your document, spreadsheet, etc. to My Documents

Do you have anti-virus installed? If you don’t think you have, then you have Windows Defender anti-virus which is included in Windows and has blocked access. See this page for links on how to unlock access: Defender Controlled folder access feature enabled - The Document Foundation Wiki

If you have another anti-virus program installed then you need to allow access through that program. In the menu there will be something like Settings you will need to find something like Blocked and Allowed Programs and add all LibreOffice components to it, e.g. Writer, Impress, math, etc.

and add all LibreOffice components to it, e.g. Writer, Impress, math, etc.

Just a note: there’s no need to add “all LibreOffice components” to any exclusion lists. LibreOffice has only one executable binary doing real work, that needs to access (read/write) documents: it’s soffice.bin. All other executables like scalc.exe/soffice.com, etc, are just stubs to launch the .bin with proper command line arguments, and they don’t need to be excluded.

I’ve guessed correctly your operating system and offered a way to fix Windows blocking your access. Is it worth trying?

nope im not using Windows 10 & already have Windows Defender & AVAST Antivirus. not worth to try since the problem is source from LibreOffice, not external factors. it just happened suddenly.
First thing happened was when composing Writer, it shut down suddenly. Opened second time & composing but when click save, it crushed & shut down. OK later launched again & files recovery failed everytime. Since then spreadsheet files cant be save & i updated the software. YES, problem persist & whoala here i am.
UNinstalled. & now using the portable version. Still, problem persist.
How i overcome this problem is by using “save as…” dialog and save the file into other folder, just not in the original folder.

Ok.you’ve got Windows. Your anti virus is blocking access for non Microsoft or associates programs to my documents and some other folders. You won’t try the solution (it is given on Microsoft website https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4046851/windows-10-allow-blocked-app-windows-security ) so what do you want?

(just thinking aloud) the other day, another user appears on IRC with a similar (same?) problem, being unable to save their files due to “access denied” starting to appear suddenly… well, that user was also sure it’s a LibreOffice fault, but was clever enough not to dismiss any suggestions right away, and we followed until they realized that they had enabled “ransomware protection” in Defender recently. Then they found out that Defender didn’t notify them about blocking; and found the data in its logs. And then found there also logs for “a game that suddenly stopped working … ARE YOU KIDDIN’ ME DEFENDER???”

By the way, increasing “protection level” in AV software sometimes happens not only because of explicit user actions, but also because of AV software updates (Windows updates for Defender).

But yes, coming to a Q&A site looking for help, and starting with “I know it’s your fault I’m not listening you must fix it blablabla” is a very constructive way.

yes Windows. so?? you illiterate & cannot count? do you know number 7 and number 10? did you open the link & read “applies to: Windows ten,not seven”. smart-ass. yeah think aloud. louder. as if problems solved.

Ah, nice. We have here a genius. Who imagines (s)he can think, and that if somewhere is written “10”, then no other thinking is necessary. No, her/his own words “already have Windows Defender & AVAST Antivirus” don’t give that genius a hint that the advise was “disable antivirus protection to check if it’s caused by antivirus”, no matter which Windows is that. It might turn out not to be AV, but no one would even try to look further until the person responds “I checked and disabled my AV software, and the problem persists”. Especially not when the person responds impolitely.

Well, I got no time for geniuses. Please help yourself. I hope very much that you would leave this site and never bother others again.

hahahahaha what a funny guy. thanks for the details. everyone who post question here is not a genius. kindly remind yourself that. we came with problems, assist us in details. that is how you treat someone nicely, not asking “so what do you want?”. it is rude. hence the responds followed. i post Q not bother anyone.

Hello @kun

Please edit your question and provide your today LO version and operating system version.

Did you search for Lock file issues in this forum ?

Kind regards, Michel

there are some reports about random saving errors with latest versions in bugs.libreoffice.org, esp. when using password protection and / or saving to network shares,

just look around there, if you find something near to your problem look if you can add any clue to the investigation, if not try if simpler file names work better (without spaces), if not go back to the version which worked well,

new versions always need some time to mature, it’s a fallout of the scheme LO is developed (field testing), for productive use take better tested ‘older’ versions, as of now 6.3.6, personally i’d recommend the even older 6.1.6.3, it avoids one error introduced in 6.2 which i don’t remember but assume still unresolved … (autocalculate?)

and … for further questions … add some more info about your system and versions, sometimes bugs appear under special conditions only …

hi there, my OS is windows 7 professional.