Error saving the document 7WR018 Holocaust 01: Object not accessible. The object cannot be accessed due to insufficient user rights

Hi @DerAlteFritz2 I’m still following to see what Kapersky propose.
As I said in an earlier comment on June 18, there is the possibility it might be a Windows permissions issue, possibly stemming from a Windows Update. If Kapersky don’t come up with anything, then it might be worth investigating this Microsoft link Fix a corrupted user profile in Windows. Cheers, Al

Having jumped through all the hoops for Kaspersky I have just got this email message:

“Please be informed that the status of your request has been changed to ‘Closed’.
Case description:
Issue cannot be categorized due to bad description”

So thats an end to that!

Could you open all files with Kapersky turned off, or with all protection elements turned off?
Cheers, Al

Still unable to save files and re-open them with Libre Officer and this problem has now spread to all my computers, tablets etc. So now I stand to lose access to a year’s university work which is a terrible loss. For now have switched to MIcrosoft Office but need to get these Libre Officer files opened again.

Notice that they do NOT sync with DropBox as it lacks permissions to access them.

Tried the MIcrosoft “Fix a corrupted user profile in Windows” however it comes up as saysing that “This snap-in may not be used with this edition of Windows 10”

Maybe

• Kapersky has a deal where you can install version on several different computers and it has blocked LO on all of them
  • Kapersky has quarantined the shared files. Look in that program for quarantined items.
  • There is a virus

You say you are using Microsoft Office, 2019 and 365 claim to be able to open .odt files. Try it with a copy of your files. If it offers to repair an .odt on fail to open, don’t let it, it will wreck it. If MS Office can open or offer to repair then it must be Kapersky still blocking LibreOffice from accessing your files.

It sounds as if Kapersky has blocked DropBox from accessing your hard drive too.

I now rely on Windows in-built anti-virus to protect my computer. It is not perfect but that and a little caution have protected me just as well as any anti-virus.
On a rough count, the ratio of my time spent on anti-virus problems compared to actual virus problems is about 100:1

So the first step should be to do a external backup of your files. Copy them to a fresh USB drive. Check if these files can be accessed.

If you have a “simple” FAT on the drive it will loose some properties, wich might be a good idea, in case Kaspersky changed the ownership.

If you can’t test on another machine try a linux to boot from CD or thumb drive.

(And as the spreading sounds suspicious: If you don’t have Kaspersky on all devices, check if your files are really readable: copy one inaccessible file in windows explorer, rename to name.zip and open the zip-file (if necessary on a external system)