Error "unable to insert rows" when linking to external data

Hello, I am using the Link to External data function on most of my sheets that need to link to an inventory that is stored in a Master file.

So I have set up a Data Range in the Master file and am linking each other document to this external data. For a while this has worked quite well, but lately some docs display the following error message “unable to insert rows” and there are a couple of cells that in fact show the following: The link could not be updated.

How do I rectify this? I have tried resetting the master file data range and calling it with a different name. I have also made sure there are no frozen rows/columns in either sheets, have removed any data filtering, i neither sheets and have closed any possible “Find” windows.
I really cannot think of what else to do. Any help greatly appreciated as I am running all my indie business relying on this.

Thanks
Fi

Please clarify this point - what type of files are that unsuccessfully trying to get data from the Master file? (not Excel 97-2003?) And which program? (version?)

I am using only LibreOffice Calc documents:
Version: 7.0.3.1 (x64)
Build ID: d7547858d014d4cf69878db179d326fc3483e082
CPU threads: 8; OS: Windows 10.0 Build 18363; UI render: Skia/Raster; VCL: win
Locale: en-GB (en_GB); UI: en-GB
Calc: threaded

I had to ask. Calc not so long ago switched to long sheets, more than a million rows. Previously, like Excel-2003, it used much shorter (and narrow) sheets. I remember that the message about the impossibility of inserting a row then (during the transition to a new program and new file formats) I received very often.

I see! I’m not a genius on these things, but I have been always been able to get by and sort things out on excel and Calc, but here I really don’t know what to do and I’m even thinking of recreating all links through vlookups instead… tedious!

Hello,
I have been having this same error occasionally over the past year.
But in the past weeks it has become systematic.
Nonetheless, my external links had appeared to update occasionally, but in the past 2 weeks updates have stopped completely.

External links have stopped functioning completely.

These are links to external web pages, which have been working for the past 2 years, at least, with updates on a regular basis throughout the day.

Any ideas how I can correct this error and get these updates functioning normally once again?

Thanks in advance!