Error updating the current record - LO Base

Hi there, I’m using LO for quite some time now but only recently have started to use Base to create a knowledge database.

I keep running into the following error whenever I insert data into Base.

• Table or Form view it happens in both.
  • It seems only a few fields cause the error.
  • In some cases I can work around the error by “Save As” and just work with the new file.

I would greatly appreciate your help in resolving this issue. Here is the error message I get:

Error updating the current record at /usr/src/debug/libreoffice-still/libreoffice-7.4.6.2/connectivity/source/commontools/dbtools.cxx:746

SQL Status: S1000
Error code: 40

S1000 General error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke “org.hsqldb.lib.Storage.seek(long)” because “this.dataFile” is null in statement [UPDATE “MYDATABASENAME” SET “QUESTION01?” = ? WHERE “QUESTION02” = ?] at /usr/src/debug/libreoffice-still/libreoffice-7.4.6.2/connectivity/source/drivers/jdbc/Object.cxx:173

I hope information is already sufficient for anyone of you fine LO users to point me to the root cause of the problem, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions or solutions you can provide.

Thank you in advance,
Martin

Which database do you use? One of the internal databases or external database - which connection?

Seems the second parameter “Question02” = ? doesn’t find a record, which could be updated.