Error when a form Query Search returns void and there is a macro event to open up a pdf

I have set up a reference library that includes quotes. One of the columns in the reference table is for a pdf link to open the reference document. I have set up a form (see below) for a query (see SQL below) to search for word/phrase in a title. When a title is selected, I click on the “Open Document” button to view the document’s pdf using a macro (see the macro below).
This works well unless a search does not turn up a document. In that Case, I get the error shown below plus a window opens up with my macro that highlights the point in the macro that there is a problem (see below). If I disable macros and repeat a search that returns void, there is no error and the form is ready for a new search.
This happens with MariaDB and HSQLDB. I am running OpenSUSE Tumbleweed and using LO 7.4.3.2.
Can anyone tell me what is missing in my query SQL or in my macro to resolve this error?
Thank You

Hello,
Add error process & display a message when this occurs.
https://help.libreoffice.org/latest/en-US/text/sbasic/shared/03050500.html

Thank you for a quick reply @Ratslinger.
I am not a programmer. I did read information at the link you provided and understand the concept, but I am unable to translate the example into my macro to have an “On Error GoTo” statement. My macro is:

option explicit

Sub FormReferenceDocpdf
	Dim oForm as Object
	Dim oButton as Object
        oform = thiscomponent.drawpage.forms.getbyname("MainForm_Qry")
        If oForm.isnew Then Exit Sub
        oButton = oform.pbLink
        oButton.TargetUrl = oform.Columns.getbyname("Link").getstring
End Sub

How do I, where do I begin, or where can I find more examples to get this up and running?
Is there a way to put another if statement in for the oForm such that if there is no oForm then I can Exit Sub? Something along the lines of:

If oForm.<?????> Then Exit Sub [Where <????> is a programming term]

Try this:

option explicit

Sub FormReferenceDocpdf
	Dim oForm as Object
	Dim oButton as Object
        On error goto RecordNotFound 
        oform = thiscomponent.drawpage.forms.getbyname("MainForm_Qry")
        If oForm.isnew Then Exit Sub
        oButton = oform.pbLink
        oButton.TargetUrl = oform.Columns.getbyname("Link").getstring
        Exit Sub
RecordNotFound:
    MsgBox "Requested record not there!"
End Sub
2 Likes

Thank You @Ratslinger!!
That Worked.