Excessive Loading Time in Calc for ods file

I have the official HP driver.
Since LO is the only application behaving like this, the logical conclusion is that the bug is in LO and there are no other, external, factors at fault.
It’s about the way LO deals with the environment, not the other way around.
LO should load the file, not “do some other thing” + load.

Page size is in the file/printer settings/properties (having HP printer driver).
I’ve abandoned the use of .ods, and all my calc files are .xlsx. However, my old computer got zapped by lightning, and my new computer with Win11 will open ods files quickly; it still shows grey screen, but it’s only about 1/2 second delay. The problem was on 2 computers using Win10.

The problem is that it uses the system’s parameters. This is OK as long as your OS and your applications have the same locale. My PC uses English language with hungarian (coincides with ISO) date format and the default paper is Letter. While LO needs A4 to print correctly on my A4 format printer.

The reason your new computer loads it fast is due to better CPU.
My (new) laptop also has Win 11, it’s aprox 4x faster than the PC and first load time si proportionally shorter. Although I see no high CPU usage on either of the computers…

Since the last major Win 10 update, I finally have this window where I can cancel connection and have my file loaded in time.
There should be a “don’t wait for printer” option in LO.

@csabix , have you tried it?

Yes.
It doesn’t work.