External data corrupted and refresh issue

I have a calc sheet that includes data from several other sheets (.xlsx and .ods) in the same folder.

First problem is that the data does not refresh automatically on open. The advice here indicates that setting the folder as a trusted location should be enough, but it doesn’t seem to work, and I get the “Automatic updating has been disabled” with the Allow updating button.

Even after clicking “Allow Updating”, when I go to a sheet with external links it has random* data from the sheets involved, but not the correct data. Edit/Links to External Data/Refresh (one by one) fixes the data, and all is well until the next time.

• Not random, because it is always the same wrong data.

I’d post a picture, but it doesn’t seem to be an option?

I’d post a picture, but it doesn’t seem to be an option?

If you still get that yellow InfoBar it means you should also enable Tools → Options → Calc → General, Update links when opening Always (from trusted locations).

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion - that option was already set to Always, so must be something else.

Note that the document that links to external data must be trusted, maybe you have only the linked-to documents in the trusted directory?

All in the same folder.

Please edit your question and attach two (redacted of sensible information) sample documents with which this is reproducible, a linking to document and a a linked-to document. Otherwise this is just a guessing-around-game.
What LibreOffice version and operating system are you even using? Please edit your question and paste the info from Help → About LibreOffice.