Failed recovery in Calc, Win8 : (

Windows 8
Libreoffice Version:, English, Calc
Build ID: 40b2d7fde7e8d2d7bc5a449dc65df4d08a7dd38

So here is my experience.

I was working in Calc, when I copy/pasted a conditional format to multiple rows.
Calc hogged as much as it could from the core it was running on. After a minute, I killed the process, figuring it had hung up.
I started Calc, did the recovery process, and was up and running.

I copy/pasted again, incrementally. About halfway through, I decided this was not the way to go, as it was taking longer and longer to process each copy/paste.

I copied my sheet, so that I could retain the old copy while reworking the new copy.
Calc hung up again. (Maybe I should have known better?) Either way, after a minute I killed the process.

I attempted recovery again.
After 30 seconds, the green bar went to about 70% and stopped.
The finish button was available, however.
Upon pressing finish, I was told that the document was in use, and that I could make open as a copy or open it as read only.

Opening a copy instantly closes Calc. Opening the read only tries and hangs.

After messing around with it for a while, I figure I’ll see what happens if I hit cancel during autorecovery.

Well, it tries to load the file, and then crashes.

I’m assuming at this point it has deleted the autorecovery data, since I canceled the recovery attempt?
I would call this issue 2.

I tried resetting my profile, with no luck.

So my main issue, after that wall of text, is that 10 years ago, if I crashed my spreadsheet while doing an operation, I could just open up my working copy and all I faced was the loss of data since my last save. I am completely baffled as to why my original file got corrupted. Does Calc save in the middle of operations? I don’t get it. Did it corrupt while trying to recover?

Issue 2 is that if I decline to autorecover, It might be wise to hold onto the autorecover data for some period of time. (Maybe it does and I just couldn’t find it?)

Issue 3 is that maybe backup copies should be saved by default. This is more me kicking myself for not enabling it myself, but if you did a user poll, maybe you would find that the majority of users would prefer automatic backups.

Is there something I can still do to recover this?

It’s not terribly important, just a sheet where I keep notes for a PC game, but it is both frustrating and concerning.

The FAQ didn’t mention any prohibitions against links to files,
so if it helps, I uploaded my file here (although I’ve never used this particular service before):

Updated to just to see what would happen. Still no luck.
Here is what windows has to say about it:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: soffice.bin
Application Version:
Application Timestamp: 52f3a030
Fault Module Name: sal3.dll
Fault Module Version:
Fault Module Timestamp: 52f2aac7
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0001ce5a
OS Version: 6.2.9200.
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: b550
Additional Information 2: b550d240c630561d467802824cfd804c
Additional Information 3: debc
Additional Information 4: debc700ff28b8c2b99005dea75933199

I think an issue with conditional format like the reported in this bug fdo#74719