I tried downloading and running version 3.6. I got the following error message: “Fatal Error: The application cannot be started.
Failed to updatefile:///Users/samdiener/Library/Application…” and then a very long string of what look like Japanese or Chinese characters.
I use an Intel Mac with the latest version of OS X Lion.
I saw that some Windows users had some similar problems, but I haven’t seen anyone else using a Mac posting about this.
Thanks for any help.
I have the same problem on Lion. I get this message (on both 3.5.5 and 3.6.0):
The application cannot be started.
[context=“bundled”] caught unexpected exception!
Maybe related to →
Release Notes 3.6 • Most annoying bugs:
Various problems with bundled extensions. This includes, but is not necessarily limited to the below issues. Workaround: manually remove the per-user cache for bundled extensions and restart LibreOffice. How to do this is platform-dependend.
On Linux, in a terminal window enter “rm -rf ~/.config/libreoffice/3/user/extensions”.
On Mac OS X, in a Terminal window enter “rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/LibreOffice/3/user/extensions”.
On Microsoft Windows, in a Command Prompt window enter “rmdir /q /s %appdata%\LibreOffice\3\user\extensions” (and note the requirement to restart LibreOffice twice, see above).
fdo#53006 has status RESOLVED FIXED.