[Feature Request] Impress: Make watermark an configurable option

Often when one needs to give handouts, there is a need for adding a watermark across the page, to prevent the students from copying the copy-righted material and from using it in their own presentations, or uploading it to the net without permisson.

The current watermark arrangement is not really functional. One should be able to set the angle - is it straight line, or across the slide. Set the colour, font and transparency. And the watermark should also appear in the handout notes of different formats, always across the slide, not across the page.

A possible solution may also be “pdf chain”. There you can stamp certain motives on your pages - slides as well as handouts.

I see the need for watermarks, but I have never seen presentations which were useful for giving out as handouts. Either the presentations were bad (as presentations, but good as handouts) or the other way round: bad as handouts and good as presentations. (well and the worst case: bad in using for presentations and bad as handouts :frowning: )

But as @lactea pointed out: export your presentation as PDF and use a watermark for the exported PDF…

@dennisroczek - Your are right about presentations and handouts. However, the Impress format is often used as a reporting format which can also be used as a presentation. Especially in the consulting world this is done very often. Thus a watermark most likely DRAFT could be needed.

I haven’t worked on Impress for ages, but I guess this works in Impress same as in MS Powerpoint (I have to use it at work): simply edit the master page to display an image on every page. This is at least a workaround for your solution. At my company we do work with version numbers that way (when reaching final state, removing the version number out of the “footer” of the master)

It is pretty easy to create a watermark in Impress right now. Just open the slide master and add at the watermark you want to have. Close the slidemaster and you see it on all slides. To remove just repeat the same procedure in the opposite way.

Wow, this is great! I did not know such a thing exists. How long this possibility has been there?
Of course, it is not easy to get as it is not found in the menus, settings or help with the term “watermark”.