Feature request: Keyboard shortcut to export directly as PDF

I couldn’t see a keyboard shortcut to export a file directly as PDF for LibreOffice Writer, when hovering over the icon for the same in the toolbar, nor in the menu, nor in this list:

file:///usr/lib/libreoffice/help/en-US/text/swriter/04/01020000.html?DbPAR=WRITER

Please add such a shortcut and make it visible for the above places.

I recall that in Word, F12 is used for this function, although that is used for toggling a numbered list in Writer.

file:///usr/lib/libreoffice/help/en-US/text/swriter/04/01020000.html?DbPAR=WRITER

Nobody will be able to get that link local to your system :wink:

> I recall that in Word, F12 is used for this function

… and if I recall correctly LibreOffice Writer is not supposed to be a clone on MS Word.

Nobody will be able to get that link local to your system :wink:

They may have the same local link for Linux systems. So not necessarily nobody.

… and if I recall correctly LibreOffice Writer is not supposed to be a clone on MS Word.

That may be a fact, but consistency between different word document processing programs can help. That’s why standards exist.

As far as I remember, the F12 key in Word is assigned to the action FileSaveAs. The developers of MS and ODF have a different perception of the meaning of the actions “Save As” and “Export to another format”.

It’s easy - use second line “PDF” (don’t ask why name of command is same as first “PDF”)

Thanks, done. Nevertheless, it would still be good to have the above requested functionality out of the box.

It is out of the box. As an icon in the Standard panel

ExportAsPDFIcon.png

I meant out of the box as a keyboard shortcut.

Thanks for the answer.

Nevertheless, using Calc LO 6.4, the first PDF command (not the second) does the same as the button Export directly as PDF: it takes you directly to the save dialog. Another “feature” of this command is that (at least in calc) it export the sheet, not the selected cells

Instead, if you use the first PDF command it takes you to the export settings dialog (as in File>Export as pdf). It’s a big difference when you are exporting repeatedly several files because of the extra steps you have in the “export as pdf” command and the fact that the default setting there is to export only selected cells.

At least, the command names in the Customize>keyboard menu should be corrected to match the label of the button and the File menu entry correspondingly so you can realize that each one refers to the same function.

I agree it would be good to have a shortcut for “Exort directly…” by default.