[feature request] paragraph property "Do not include in word count"

For some people, e.g. journalists or professional radio speakers, this would be a very useful feature, so as to be able to measure the net length of their texts and compose alternative versions.
Also very helpful If you do not use the comment function but special comment paragraphs to annotate a text.

Greets Udo

This is a user driven Q&A site.
Feature requests are handled the same way as bug reports (bug type “ENHANCEMENT”).
File them to https://bugs.documentfoundation.org .

You may have noticed that you can use F&R to serach for a pragraph style. If you use a dedicated style for everything to go “on wire”, you can search for that style using ‘Find All’ and you will get the wordcount restricted to that selection in the status bar.

Thanks for your answer, Lupp.

1. Seemingly you’d have to be on twitter for filing a feature request, which I’m not and don’t intend to be.
  2. I noticed the possibility you suggest, still think it’s more of a workaround, e. g. if you want the the number of net characters (or words) printed in the header of the page via a formula using (CHAR); to my knowledge, there is no variable for the highlighted text.

Greets Udo

I (@Lupp) only edited this comment superficially for better readability and was inserted with my avatar while the user name of the actual author was kept. As so many things in this site this is misconfigured. Sorry!)

1. I filed at least 40 bug reports to https://bugs.documentfoundation.org without ever having been “on twitter”.
    Sorry. In my answer I posted the URL of the bug tracker with a @ instead of the point between bugs and documentfoundation. I will rectify that by editing.
  2. Well, a good workaround may deliver what we expected from the “actual solution”.

You may create your request finally having created an account for the bug tracker.
I would doubt if somebody “takes” (announces to develop a solution) it. It’s really a minor thing.
One of us might write user code for the purpose, but by rough estimate this would take me time of an amount the “payload” wouldn’t pay for.

Finally: The flaw inserting my avatar into the wrong comment was fixed meanwile. I don’t know in what way this was done.

It’s really a minor thing.

Not really. It is a really big thing because it will require a change in the ODF (specifically, ODT) specifications implementing a new paragraph or character (style) property. Obviously, until the specs are amended, only a workaround (just theoretically) is possible.

Please enter requirements on Buzilla. Thanks.

This is a page here where users ask and users answer “How do I work with LibreOffice” or “I have a problem with …” or “How can i …”.

Ok, sorry.
But seemingly, you’d have to be on twitter for Bugzilla, which I’m not and don’t intend to be.
Thanks anyway.
Udo

On Twitter??? how did you arrive to that conclusion? (E.g. I don’t have any twitter, and that doesn’t prevent me to have an account there.)

Twitter ??? You don’t need that.

There is a link at top which reads “New account”. Create one and you’re in after some elementary verifications.