I regularly want to paste content from a word doc into media wiki. Today to do this you need to:
- export and save the whole document, then
- find and open that text file,
- edit it down to just the section you want, then
- paste/save it into the wiki. An optional cleanup step is then to
- delete the temporary export .txt file
Having a right click menu option that directly converts a highlighted selection directly into mediawiki (and launches it in your default text editor as a new file) would be a big time saver, eliminating 3 of the 5 steps above
This feature could be implemented just in Writer first, but would eventually be useful in Calc (you could select a portion of a spreadsheet to format as a wiki table) and Impress also.