[Field]/[Dynamic Date] Refreshes Even In Ready Only

Hi.
Long ago, I created, at work, a Master Document to keep track multiple tenant’s contacts. I separated them into individual documents, and put them into one Master Document.
Each individual document contain a dynamic (aka not fixed) Field / Date section to keep in track when any of them were last updated.

I’ve just noticed, as I open the Master Document that all the sub-documents’ date-field updates to the current date and time I opened it. I tried to open them in Read-Only mod, but they still updates.

The update surely not happen to each individual sub-documents, because I keep the whole folder in synch to Google Drive with RClone -P, and I still see it uploads just those few files I really edited. So the original date of the last update date must be there in those I haven’t edited yet. I hope. :pray:

Question:

• Is there any way to fix this?
  • Or, at least, prevent this to happen in the future?
  • Unless, edit all of their date filed to be fixed date, and all “last updated” data is lost. :frowning:

Thank you for any advice or try to help me. :bowing_man:
Sincerely, Atlaimond.

A recent Ask 103781 question sounds similar so FrKa’s answer may be appropriate to your case.

1 Like

Thank you! :heart:
Solution!

Insert > Field > More Fields > [DocInformation]
Type: Modified
Select: Date
Format: (personal preference)

Thanks for FraKa comment! :blush::+1: