Field shading and comment highlighting - enhancement needed?

This question is related to the CTRL-F8 field shading toggle. I prefer to keep it toggled off, as I don’t like the unslightly grey blocks with my footnote numbers:

The problem, as the screenshot above illustrates, is that the shading that “delimits” the text associated with the CTRL-ALT-C comment is also missing. In order to see that shading, it requires toggling-on all field shading:

It might be a matter of simply “toggling” CTRL-F8 but I’m using Xfce, and that toggle doesn’t work for me.

My question: is dissociating the CTRL-F8 field shading toggle from the comment highlighting worth an enhancement request?

Not only are they different kinds of things (or so it seems to me), but this would also help those who are migrating from MS Word (or use both LibO Writer and MS Word regularly, as I do), since in Word the comment highlight is always visible (so long as the comment is visible), but the “field shading” for field codes is not.

Edit - forgot my first rule! Version I’m on is LibO 4.2.2.1 Build ID: 420m0(Build:1)

There’s already an enhancement request on Bugzilla:

Bug 69674 - VIEWING: Notes-over-text range depend on field shadings.

@manj_k - thanks! So I’m not the only one. :slight_smile: Good to know it’s open; I added a cross-ref to this Q&A.