File>Properties>General Tab>Template Is Blank for All My Drawings

I have an ODG file that, when I click File>Properties, nothing is listed for “Template:” in the General tab. Why is this, and is there someplace in the user manual that explains it?

Now I can only guess.
The only possibility I can see is that the document template is hard-coded in Draw.
In any case, there is no “Standard.OTG” in the program folder.
However, all other document templates of LibreOffice, as well as own ones are displayed in the mentioned menu.

The document has been created from factory settings without using any template.

1 Like

Okay. How would I get the drawing to respond to the template that I created?

Is your question related to this question you created?

Question about Opening an ODG File

And how do you think a drawing should respond to a template, what do you expect?

Opening the template will create a new unsaved document based on that template.
If you want every new drawing to be based on that template, do the following:
menu:File>Templates>Save… and save it under some category and name. The actual storage is a folder in your LibreOffice user profile.
menu:File>Templates>Manage… right-click your template and choose “Set as default”. From now on every new drawing will use this template unless you open some other template for a new drawing. The same applies to components Writer, Calc and Impress. You can set up one default template per component.
P.S. if you want to change the template of an existing document, there is an extension Template Changer » Extensions (disclaimer: I never used this tool).