Question about Opening an ODG File

I’m a new user of LibreOffice version 7.2. I last used OpenOffice in 2017. At that time I used it to open all of my CorelDraw version 12 CDRs and convert them to OpenOffice ODG files.

When I open an existing ODG file the drawing appears on a 120-inch wide by 140-inch high. When I click Page>Page Properties I can change the page size to 8.5x11 inches but the drawing itself disappears. The drawing reappears only after I go back into the Page Properties and change them back to 120x140 inches.

How can I change the page size and still see the drawing?

Cross posted at New Draw User with 3 Questions (View topic) • Apache OpenOffice Community Forum where responses have been made.

If you cross post, please let us know that you have done so, otherwise it leads to several discussions and a waste of time because several identical answers may be posted by different users.

Just zoom out.

As a workaround, first reduce your drawing, then change page size.

EDIT:

• Ctral+A (the same that Edit - Select All)
  • F4 (to open the Position and Size dialog)
  • Check Keep ratio
  • Set Width to 8.5
  • OK

I can zoom in but I can’t zoom out far enough. When I zoom out to the max, most of the drawing is not visible.

The files I’m looking at were created in CorelDraw, and the page size that I used when I created the files was 120 feet by 200 feet (or somewhere in that area). So maybe the file I’m trying to work with in LO has a paper size that LO doesn’t support?

So what is the maximum dimension that LO can work with? Looks like 50 feet to me. Some of my Corel drawings are around 120 feet.

Maximum paper size is 6 metres x 6 metres on 7.1.8.1.
If you scale your picture (Tools > Options > LibreOffice Draw > General) then I don’t know what it would max out at. If you have a scale of 1:100 you could draw an image 600 m x 600 m (1270ft x 1270ft).

This is all pretty confusing to me. The upshot is that while LibreOffice can open a CorelDraw file that has object dimensions are greater than 40 feet but to get those objects to fit on an 11-inch “slide” requires a lot of detailed work on the text boxes. Probably because LO cannot correctly import text boxes from CorelDraw.

I would like to thank all who responded to this thread.