Fillable Image Field in .pdf Using Image Controller doesn't work when opening in other readers

I’m trying to create a .pdf form I can send to my friends that includes some check lists, and a family tree with fillable text fields and fillable image fields.

I am using Draw and if I’m honest I have no idea what I’m doing and most of the information I’ve read didn’t make any sense. I couldn’t tell what was used for Calc or Writer or if what I’m asking about is even possible. Thusly, I am here to reach out hoping someone can help!

I have been able to figure out the check lists and text fields however I can not get the Image Controller to work. I can place them and export the .pdf, but when the .pdf is opened in any other reader other than LO, the viewer has no options to insert an image.
The ultimate goal is to have a .pdf open in any reader with an image field that a viewer can click on, select a local image and the image appear in that field. and then again in a different field and so on.

Thanks in advance. Sorry if this topic was already brought up, but I don’t think so cause I couldn’t find it. Thanks Again!

edit: clarity

I think this answer still applies, Allow users to change image in PDF form
I tried with Acrobat Pro X but it is too old to support adding Image fields to forms. New versions of Acrobat can create image fields and new versions of Reader apparently can fill in the fields with a limited range of image types but whether other pdf readers can fill in image fields is another question. Ref https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/inserting-images-into-pdf-forms/m-p/9834770

Understandable.
Thank You, but I’d seen both of those resources before posting this query and wasn’t able to solve my problem, but I appreciate your help.

It is my understanding that I can add an Image Controller using LibreOffice and the viewer should be able to open the .pdf in Adobe Reader, right click the space holder for the image and then select a new image from one of their local files.

However, when I open the .pdf in Adobe Reader I can not perform that function and not everyone who gets this .pdf is going to have LibreOffice and I am not going to pay Adobes outrageous price for this one time thing.

You can add an image controller and have others fill it in in LibreOffice, but not after it has been exported to pdf. You could add yourself to the CC list for tdf#154763