Filtering data without an AutoValue in the table

FilterTableAttempt-Don’tWork-NoAutoValue.odb
Will a filtered table be able to collect data from a Base table with the Primary Key set to an AutoValue=‘No’? Because I tried, but can’t set my AutoValue to '‘Yes’, I tried duplicating a known database that works. My attempts to recreate the required tables, queries and forms end in “2” (ie. original table is ‘tbl_phone’, while my recreated table was copied and renamed to ‘tbl_phone2’). Please see the attached database (FilterTableAttempt-Don’tWork-NoAutoValue.odb [or /upfiles/15339692294751516.odb as stated above???]). I am trying to find a method to search for data using the filter table approach with a form. If I use form with a query as its source, the form will disappear/hide behind the opening window/screen in Base. I have reported this bug to bugzilla and got the response “Can you try with an appimage of a recent version to see, if the problem still exists: https://libreoffice.soluzioniopen.com/ 6.0.x, 6.1 or daily are fine.” This response was totally beyond my limited knowledge of Base and my operating system at this time, and without some instructions on how the appimage can be installed on my system. My computer is using Ubuntu 16.04 (32-bit), LibreOffice 5.1.6.2. Any assistance is appreciate; even if you’ve crossed this path before and your response is a simple “No” with a simple explanation.

Hello @3v3rkureus,

The attachment of your file was a big help. There is no problem with the table not having the Primary key set as AutoValue. The problem was that you had incorrectly set the main form to the incorrect table. You should have set it to tbl_filter_phone2 but it was actually set to tbl_phone2. With this simple change the form worked.

The problem with the form moving behind the main Base screen may be due to the version you are using. Seems I also recall this happening in some older versions. Only thing I can say is an LO upgrade will probably fix this. That, also, is what using AppImage is about. I personally haven’t tried it (will do so soon) but it appears to allow, on Linux, one to try a different LO version without a complete install. Is also states for 32-bit versions you need to obtain only through another contact.

I have attached a copy of your .odb with a few mods. For one, I copied your tbl_phone2, changed the ID to AutoValue = Yes and saved it as tbl_phone3 for your testing. Also modified your form frm_Search2 and saved it as frm_Search2_fixed which simply has correction noted above & is a working form.

Sample ----- FilteringFixed.odb

Hi Ratslinger,
Read and made changes as noted in your 1st paragraph. Was so excited that I immediately posted this comment to let you know that problem is SOLVED…I can continue further in Base. Although I am still unable to save that AutoValue=Yes part, I’ll review the rest of your post. I’m sure that it’ll improve my knowledge. I’d like to give you a badge or something, but I don’t know how, yet. Thank You!

As you have been helped, please help others to know the question has been answered by clicking on the :heavy_check_mark: in upper left area of answer which satisfied the question.

Done. Thanks again!