Find & Replace challenge (color used in selected occurrences)

I have a lot of trouble finding the light green highlighted text when using Find & Replace in LibreOffice text documents.

I would like to change the highlighting colour to red, or some other colour that my eye is readily drawn to.

Is this possible? If so, how does one change the preference for the highlight colour?

Many thanks,
James Elliott (Australia)
(jzelliott)

Selected occurrences highlighting color is OS dependant. Search for themes.

Unfortunately built-in F&R cannot search for highlight colour.

I suggest you edit (manually) your document to put it into “Writer form”, provided your document is saved in native format (.odt).

Define a custom character style (look in the built-in help for “Character Style(s)”) changing only the highlight colour. Give it a name of your convenience such as Highlight.

Track manually all your present highlighting, select the range and Ctrl+M to remove the present colour. Without deselecting, apply character style Highlight (this will highlight the range with the newly selected colour).

After that, if you are not satisfied with the highlight colour, you only have to change the colour in Highlight definition and it will instantly be transferred to all sequences marked with the style.

EDIT 1

Please, move your no-answer inside your question (edit it to add the details) because this is not a thread but a Q&A site. The site engine will freely reorder the answers according to its rather obscure relevancy rules and time sequence will be lost. Comments to question or answers do not suffer this behaviour.

Highlight colour is retrieved from the OS (which you did not mention) and LO uses it as is. Nearly all other colours may be changed with Tools>Options, LibreOffice>Application Colors, but this one.

Consequently do it with your OS preference manager.

To show the community your question has been answered, click the ✓ next to the correct answer, and “upvote” by clicking on the ^ arrow of any helpful answers. These are the mechanisms for communicating the quality of the Q&A on this site. Thanks!

Hi, this is James (jzelliott), the one who asked the question. I think you misunderstood my question, or I wasn’t clear. When I use Find and Replace it highlights the text I am looking for, using a pale green highlight. I can then click on ‘Replace’ if I want to replace it. The problem is that I cannot see the pale green highlighted text - it does not stick out. I have to search the whole page, line by line to find it.

I am not searchng for a highlight.
I am trying to find a highlighted string on the page
green is not the easiest colour to find

I would prefer LibreOffice to use another colour, say red, for example.

Thanks, James

Do not answer your question unless it is a real answer. Modify the original question or use the comment option.