Fixing Error 2502 / 2503

When or when is LibreOffice going to fix whatever it is that keeps throwing Error 2502 and 2503 when trying to install to Win10? This error has been popping up at least since v7 was released, if not before. What’s gives? Using the fixes found on mictosoft’s site and other places have no effect.

Have you tried installing with administrator login?
Did you turn off anti virus before installing?
Did you try the fixes on Error 2503 and 2502 installing/uninstalling especially sfc/scannow?
Try the General Fixes in Get help with Windows upgrade and installation errors - Microsoft Support

1 Like

Am using Admin login. sfc/scannow found a couple probs and fixed. mictosoft article did not help. The only thing I haven’t tried is reinstalling win7 which never gave me fits like this.

There are different fixes on that page but they seem to relate to incorrect NTFS permissions in Windows so it is a Windows issue. Here is another page with a load of ads but maybe a more coherent explanation, Fix MSI installer errors 2502 and 2503 in Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 A word of warning, I would advise against using any third party repairers if the site or ads offer them.

Here is a another method that worked for Windows 8, Internal errors on installation on 64-bit system , I don’t know if it works for Windows 10.

1 Like

In addition to @EarnestAl ,

System Requirements Windows

(Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 with KB3063858 update, …)

Usually after one found out why your system differs from mine (or others) where this error never showed… Then it is to decide, if this error is a result of other software on your system “not our bug”, and if something can be done about this.

1 Like

Nope. Not working. Did you know tis error has been complained about on the mictosoft community since 2010? mictosoft will issue patches for everything else under the sun but not this one. I’ve tried everything suggested here and on the mictosoft community and none work. Funny it only crops up when I try to install LibreOffice.

Did you try the Microsoft tool linked from site I gave? Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed - Microsoft Support

Note that this is a Windows issue that I haven’t experienced so I have found likely answers. If the steps given in the the links don’t work then you would be best to ask on Microsoft site, Redirecting .

I’ve tried everything. And mictosoft won’t admit it’s there problem.

The presence of the Microsoft tool argues against that. It isn’t a problem with Windows, it is a problem in your installation of Windows, that is, most people don’t have this particular issue.

If you cannot fix the problem by following the methods on those sites then do one of these:

1 Like

Windows was installed by the PC manufacturer.

Somehow, during the computer’s use through updates, errors, brownouts, crashes, AV/utility, installations, etc something has happened that has changed permissions.

So until now we have:

So it seems you never tried a “clean” re-install of Win10. While Windows is this time mostly stable it can develop hard to cure problems.
I would not recommend Win7, as using an OS without security fixes can be quite troublesome, even if the problems may not be obvious at first…