Flagging/hiding a post

Hello,

See comments 9 to 12 at How to translate a document from Spanish to English - #9 by BigRAl

I can flag a post, although I can’t flag a post already flagged by other user.

What could be the difference between my user and other leader users? Thanks.

I think that leader users must have the privilege to delete (or at least hide completely) offensive posts. A non registered user can unhide and read the post.

Hi, the fact that you can’t flag a post should depend on the number of flags the post already received. I think 5 is the default but maybe it has been changed in our instance.
Deleting posts can only be done by moderators and I don’t think that a post can be un-hidden a post once it has been moderated. A poster can edit his post once flagged, but still appears in moderation for review.
See here for the details:

@BigRAl are regular (this may explain why he couldn’t flag).

But @ajlittoz could not flag the post, and after that I could; and both of us are leader.

In the notification I received when I attained Regular is included:

You can now recategorize and rename topics, take advantage of more powerful spam flags,…

I’ve done some researches to see if the how-to has been updated, and here is a link to a table (under construction) comparing the TL:

1 Like

There is another (longer) table in the same topic:

By the way, I can’t delete the post, but I can edit it (and delete the offensive content). See at How to translate a document from Spanish to English - #8 by orangutan_monke

I would like some (final) clarification of my supposed Trust Level.

On March 28 2022 I received a notification that I had earned ‘Regular’. My understanding is that this is TL3.

According to the Discourse blog, this should grant me:
3 upvotes - I only have 1
The ability to flag offensive posts - I cannot
The ability to close topics - I cannot
The ability to recategorize and rename topics - I can

I seem to have a strange mix of TL3 and TL1 capabilities.

cc @sophi

Did you try to upvote different posts? (Quota aside there is a restriction that a single post can’t be voted upon multiple times by the same user.) Can’t exclude a bug, but the setting is configured to 3 upvotes for TL3 users indeed.

This is configurable and the threshold was raised to TL4 from TL1 , to avoid situations such as this. It can be lowered to TL3 i @sophi thinks it’s a better threshold :slight_smile:

Closing topics is a TL≥4 permission and AFAICT that’s not configurable.

1 Like

@guilhelm,
thank you for a prompt reply.

a single post can’t be voted upon multiple times by the same user

That was my misunderstanding. Thanks for clearing that up.

threshold was raised to TL4 from TL1

Then the notification and Trust Level Grid need updating :frowning:

Closing topics is a TL≥4 permission

Again, my misunderstanding.