Font is an outline with no fill. Any way to add fill in Draw?

I’m evaluating a font that is just a white outline with no fill. Format–Text–Outline font effect just makes the outline dimmer, alttough when I tried it with a different font it filled it with white. It doesn’t do that for this font, for some reason. Format – Character – Font Effects also doesn’t work. Is there any way to fill this font with white color, aside from converting it into a shape?

Please, edit your question (click on below it then on the “pencil” icon to enter edit mode – don’t use a comment) to give more information:

• which is the font? Its name, where it comes from, …
    I suppose it is made of strokes instead of closed filled shapes. This is has no interior, just a contour.
  • as usual, OS name, LO version and save format

If my guess is right (only contour), you can’t “fill” it. What you see “through” it is just the background or other shapes below the text box.

Ideally attach either a sample file (making sure the font is embedded) or the font file itself (it is likely you’ll need to tweak the filename to bypass AskLO limitation: if attaching the font file is denied, add an extra .odg extension to it).

Thanks for your reply. I decided against using that font anyway. Can you tell me what is the proper procedure for filling this kind of font that’s only an outline, assuming it is a closed shape, not a contour? Thanks.

If I convert such a font to a polygon or a curve, it has fill only, no line. There is nothing more to fill, just like the centre of a doughnut

I experimented but found no solution. When you select “Outline”, character interior goes to white unconditionally. I tried many “tricks” but could not paint the inside.

This behaviour is probably the consequence of an insufficient specification.

The current workaround is to convert to shape.