Font size and margin problem when printing from LibreOffice Writer

Hello all. I am using LibreOffice Version 3.6.2.2 (Build ID: 360m1(Build:2)) on Ubuntu Linux 12.10 64-bit with gnome-fallback. Throughout the whole semester, I have been exclusively using LibreOffice to write my term papers and research. However, an interesting thing that I have noticed, is when I print from LibreOffice, the font size and margin size is greatly changed. When I write with a pt 12 font, it appears to be around pt 14 on the printout. Also, the margins are greatly decreased to the point that parts of some characters do not fit on the page. At first, I thought this was a printer problem (Brother HL-2240), so I converted my document to a PDF and printed from the Ubuntu Document Viewer, but upon doing that, the margins and font appeared normal on the printout! However, I don’t want to waste time converting all of my documents to PDF just to print them out. Thus, I would like to know what I can do to check the settings in LO and change them to render normal-sized printouts.

Would it be a solution to upgrade to the latest version 4.0.3 or at least to 3.6.6?